Investing in Domain Names can bring you great profits since domain names are a great alternative assets when you compare them to stocks and ETF’s, Domain Name Wire wrote this list of the top 10 domain name registrars, here is the list below:
The list of the top domain name registrars is pretty good, some of the mentioned registrars are Google and Tucows however I would have liked to see Hostgator added to this list since they are also a reseller of domain names.
I do like the fact that there are some major players in this industry which brings better pricing for domain names and improvements in services.
As mentioned before, Investing in domain names is a great way to have potential upside on your investments and a lot of money is being made every single day.
If you are just getting started I would say that Godaddy and Godaddy Auctions are very domain name investor friendly and they are a great platform if you are just getting started in this business.
Here are 5 tips that will help you pick valuable domain names:
- Make it short and easy to remember
- Dot com domains are more scarce which makes them more valuable
- I avoid using dashes however for SEO purposes they can make sense
- Avoid trademarked domain names
- Register your domain names for at least 3 years if you are an investor
Good luck investing in domain names!