Gold and Silver investing is considered a great and safe asset and a hedge against inflation. However it is not as safe as bonds and a certain degree of research has to be done before plunging into it. The reason why gold investments have a slight degree of risk involved is that the value of gold does not necessarily have to be high or stable. Gold generally is considered precious and is costly due to its rarity. If for some reason the markets are flooded with gold, it could very easily depreciate in value. However generally, its value remains stable or may even inflate with time, the same applies to Silver.
Did you know that in the world there is a great variety of forms of payment, usually we are used to receiving money from your employer and most of the time your money is deposited into a bank account, once you collect your money then you go to a cashier and you get cash, this is what people do regularly.
Regardless of your trading style; day trading, swing trading, or position trading there is a simple step by step plan you can use to improve your odds for success, remember that trading is a game of probability, your job is to increase your chances of making a profit and lower your risk, today I am going to share with you tips that will help you become a profitable trader.
1. Start by paper trading until you can be consistently profitable on paper, Oanda and Webull offer demo accounts that will allow you to practice without having to risk a single dollar. I would also recommend doing a lot of practice trading with a real-time demo account but only with small quantities or very low leverage. This is the next best thing to real trading without risking a lot of money.
2. Regardless of how much money you have, start trading with a small amount of money and work up over time. You need to make all your mistakes with the smallest amount of money. Trust me, it will be a lot less painful! If you are new, do not risk more than 1% of your entire capital, this will allow you to learn and take some losses while you learn the business, even if you only have $500 dollars to invest, only risk 1% on each trade.
3. If you are a day trader, avoid the very small time frames like 1 or 2 minute as you get a lot of signals which can lead to over trading. These fast time frames are full of market noise and insignificant price activity. For me, the 15 minute time frame works best and I usually hold my position for an hour or two, leave the scalping to the pros for now until you get there.
4. Make sure that all your entry criteria are met for the trade setup. Don’t jump the gun until everything is in place and have multiple confirmations, do not get greedy and try a perfect entry or exit, if you are close to your target profit close your position and live to trade again.
5. If there are no clear signals in the market, then do nothing. Forcing trades almost always ends up with losses. The worse mistake you can make is to trade out of desperation and losing your focus, patience pays off.
6. Always place your protective stop loss immediately after entering the trade! However be careful of Stop Loss Hunters and Market Makers coming to stop you out, leave enough room for the market to move up and down while the trend is followed, I personally only use a mental stop loss but if you are getting started I would place one.
7. In your studies you will be exposed to many techniques. You will improve your results by concentrating on only one or two strategies. Get real good and consistently profitable with them first. The same applies to trading different Forex pairs or Stocks, focus on one or two assets and master their movements, also learn the fundamentals and read the news, this will help your confidence and you’ll become a master of one and not mediocre at many.
8. Don’t watch too many currencies at one time. This leads to too much confusion and indecision about which trade to take. I would stick to two or three of the major currency pairs, same goes in the Cryptocurrency world, there are hundreds or even thousands of tokens and projects, focus on a few and do not attempt too many strategies, learn one or two that work for you and you’ll become a profitable trader in no time.
9. Win, lose or draw don’t deviate from your strategies or change things, stay focused and do not change your rules, the markets change all the time but cycles and patterns do repeat, as long as you apply proper risk management you’ll be consistently profitable, even if you take some losses.
10. Patience, patience, patience – Many times I have been short and I’ve seen my trade go the wrong way, I’ve waited hours or days because my thesis and my due diligence confirm the price movement and eventually my trade will turn and make me money, this is key, I have dollar cost averaged as well and eventually hit my take profit, be patient and it will pay off, do not be afraid to wait until the market moves your way, the market is there to work for you, not the other way.
These 10 tips may seem very simple, but they are actually very hard to carry out as they require a lot of focus and discipline. Stick to them and you will trade better than the majority of day traders out there.
Always remember that day trading and investing is a business, treat it as such and take the time to master your craft, learn as much as you can from everybody and be open to what other traders and investors have to say, the biggest thing that I have learned is that the markets are there for you to make a profit and the opportunities are there every single day, it’s up to you to beat the market and make a profit, people make millions of dollars every day, you can do it too
Forex is a completely electronic global marketplace for currency trading, in which you can invest 24 hours a day (from Sunday to Friday). It is a decentralized market in which a large number of participants from all over the world operate (banks, companies, financial institutions, retail investors, etc) and therefore offers great liquidity that makes it a good opportunity for investors, Forex is a multi trillion dollar market that offers the opportunity to make money.
To invest in Forex we need to open an account with an online broker that will be in charge of executing the operations of purchase or sale of currencies that you request and will do so in exchange for a commission (known as spread and is based on a small differential between the purchase price and the sale price). Oanda is one of the most popular Forex brokers in the United States.
What was your best performing investment of 2021? For me it has been Dogecoin!
What is your next move, which Stock or Crypto should we invest in next for 100x returns?
CEO Michael Saylor continues policy of buying the Crypto asset at set intervals.
The latest purchase comes as the leading cryptocurrency faces challenges from one of its most vocal corporate backers. Wednesday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk suspended the electric car-maker’s bitcoin payments policy because of environmental concerns. Bitcoin plunged to as low as $46,294.72 before recovering to about $50,000, where it now trades, suggesting Saylor’s latest purchase preceded Wednesday’s news about Tesla.
Tech stocks selling off because of inflation concerns, some Cryptocurrency is being affected as well.
Are you exiting any positions or adding? Today I bought more shares of HP $HPQ and Intel $INTC.
Read the rest of the story on CNBC below:
Day Trading Trending Stocks
You have probably heard the words “supply and demand” a million times, specially if you trade stocks and crypto, however sometimes it is not easy to truly wrap your head around these forces and how you can use them to your benefit.
Here is the basic idea of how supply and demand affect asset prices and how you can find out what people are talking about and what is trending when it comes to the stock market and cryptocurrency.
Good morning! Today I have added a position to my Cryptocurrency portfolio on Coinbase Pro, I purchased Filecoin or FIL.X for $197.35 dollars, now the strategy here is to dollar cost average or DCA since this coin is overbought but currently down 15%.
Once I am comfortable with the amount accumulated the plan is to sell once it hits the 52 week high.
Here is what the Filecoin USD chart looks like:
Note that this is not financial advice, however I do believe that there is good upside potential around the $225 dollar area, if this Cryptocurrency continues to dip I will continue to buy in small increments until the trend changes.
Let me know via a comment which Crypto you are buying or selling, please bookmark Javier-Ramos.com and come back for more Crypto and Stock Market day trading and investing tips, if you would like to be added to my newsletter please send me an email: email@example.com
Here is a list of stocks that are on my watchlist for March 2021, these stocks are added when I consider them to be undervalued and have good potential upside.
Note that this is not financial advice, do your own research before buying or selling any securities.
Now that we have that out of the way, here is my stock watchlist.
- Salesforce – $CRM
- Autodesk – $ADSK
- Acadia Realty Trust – $AKR
- Gold – $GLD
- Unilever – $UL
These stocks are based on the price chart and not fundamentals, however they provide great upside opportunity when a good entry point is executed, Gold (GLD) is not a stock, it is an ETF that tracks the spot price for gold, these stocks provide a good swing trade opportunity.